Instructions: Find the adverbs in the following sentences and tell what word they modify.
1. You are almost always the leader.
2. Please turn around slowly, Ted.
3. Now we will try this totally complicated case.
4. Again and again he had been warned about the very extreme weather.
5. Certainly he looks decidedly older in that somewhat dim light.
6. The missing document reappeared suddenly and rather mysteriously.
7. I will never come here again.
8. Pavarotti sings very well.
9. Today you surely will tell a totally truthful story.
10. Almost every answer has been quickly and assuredly given.
–For answers scroll down.
1. almost modifies the adverb always telling how much, alwaysmodifies the verb are telling when
2. please/around/slowly modify the verb turn telling how
3. now modifies the verb will try telling when, totallymodifies the adjective complicated telling how much
4. again/again modify the verb had been warned telling when, verymodifies the adjective extreme telling how much
5. certainly modifies the verb looks telling how, decidedlymodifies the adjective older telling how much, somewhat modifies the adjective dim telling how much
6. suddenly/mysteriously modify the verb reappeared telling how, rather modifies the adverb mysteriously telling how much
7. never/again modify the verb will come telling when, heremodifies the verb will come telling where
8, well modifies the verb sings telling how, verymodifies the adverb well telling how much
9. today modifies the verb will tell telling when, surelymodifies the verb will tell telling how, totally modifies the adjective truthful telling how much
10. quickly/assuredly modify the verb has been giventelling how, almost modifies the adjective every telling how much
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2017/04/quiz-for-lessons-166-170-parts-of.html